I’m bored, which means…it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday!
This time around, it’s OCD book habits. I have a lot of habits in regards to books (some good, some bad), but I’m not sure I’ve got ten of ’em. Let’s find out, shall we?
1) In the interest of not driving the BF crazy and trying to stick to a budget, I tend to get most of my books out of the library. This has resulted in a monstrous hold list-the system only lets me hold 25 items at a time. My list is much longer than this.
2) Those books on hold? They all come in at the same time. I currently have six library books at home. No, I don’t think I’ll be able to read them all before they have to be returned.
3) Despite the draw of the library, I’m still a compulsive book buyer. There are maybe 30 books on my shelves at home that haven’t been read.
4) I’m still buying the Sookie Stackhouse novels, even though the last…four? Four books haven’t been worth it. Book five has been bought and is packed away in a box.
5) Lately I’ve been buying paperbacks at the grocery store.
6) My Goodreads “to read” shelf is full of books that I’ll probably never get around to reading, yet I can’t stop myself from adding to it.
7) I’m constantly checking out historical and Regency romance novels, and they always end up getting returned, mostly unread, because I just can’t get into them. Something about historical anything drives me batty.
8) Up until about a year ago, I never used a bookmark. I always relied on my elephant memory to remember what page I was on.
9) I skip to the end. Sometimes this is because I’m bored and want to know what happens. Sometimes it’s because I’m too impatient to wait to find out what happens.
10) I am incapable of reading only one book at a time. Right now, I’m in the middle of two, and I’m about to start a third.
Wow. I actually had ten. Color me surprised. Anyway. Your turn. I know you’ve got some OCD book habits!